Cultural and social activities are included in the course price and are always accompanied by a native teacher. The types of activities are accessible for people with diverse abilities.
Spanish practice does not end with the classes but is complemented with a variety of activities designed to extend the study and make the most of our students stay.
There is no better way to learn a language, than to immerse in an authentic and relaxed experience like the one we offer to our students. By exposing themselves to trial and error in conversation, they can improve their language skills in a natural way.
Our daily program of activities and excursions provides numerous contexts in which to practice Spanish:
- Introduction meeting on the first day with all kinds of information from the school, the intensive program and activities.
- Conversational practice with the locals to learn more about the Basque rural traditions.
- Agri-tourism activities, a visit to farmers in the area that show us the development of local produce in its natural habitat such as wine, cheese, etc.
- Visits to picturesque villages nearby, where you can admire the historic charms while wandering about their little streets.
- Guided trip to Bilbao, a city that combines historic and contemporary architecture and tradition. It includes a visit to the famous Guggenheim Museum and a tour of the best Read more >>
- Tapas places. The Basque Country is known for their “pintxos”. You enjoy a magnificent example of local cuisine with a good glass of wine or a refreshing beer.
- Cooking workshop: you will learn to prepare the main dishes of the Basque cuisine and then get to taste them for your lunch. The activity begins with a visit to the market and port of Laredo for shopping needed for those recipes.